Tuesday, April 17, 2007

BrrrummBrrummm

So I am now the owner of a 1998 VW Golf GLI.
Havent named her yet.
Bought at auction which was FAR to EASY.
We had a short list of which the Golf was first up in Auction, there was one other bidder which we had picked out as we waited for the proceedings to start. A-Typical Golf chick probably from Remuera and probably buying it for her daughter who probably looked like an A-typical Golf chick also.
But I kicked her arse with my Cool Hand Luke bidding.
I was cool, calm and collected with a stone cold poker face.
Then the bidding started.
My face stayed the same but I felt the colour run out of it while my heart made a break for it up into my throat. I had to keep my arms crossed with only my fingers waving the bidding number from under my armpit for fear the shaking would get out of control and I might bid involuntarily... Im so ace.

Still, I had the last bid and as the dealer handed me the pen to sign the papers I found it incredibley difficult to take the pen from his hands and sign my name as the shaking was still persistant. The man smiled a knowing smile that gave me the feeling I wasnt alone in the world when it came to uncontrollable Endorphins...
A few deep breaths later and it was done and dusted.
I picked her up the next day and weve been inseperable ever since.
One more thing ticked off the Things to do Before Im Too Old to do it list.

No comments: