Saturday, October 07, 2006

wot a wag

Poor Frank! (look at that face! my tail hurts)
Those of you who know my dog Frank, know that he wags his tail ALL THE TIME.
Well a slight miscalculation on his part when chasing the ball turned him upsidedown and he landed on his tail. At first we didnt notice anything, but later that evening we had guests around and Debs patted poor old Frank down his back and his tail (as ya do) well he made us all jump with the noise he made, poor Debs felt the brunt of jibes from the others and mopey old Frank spent the rest of the evening very cufuffled and walked around with a motionless tail. The next day was no better with tail down and face long, so I took him to the vet. "should only be bruised, but if he starts eating his tail in a few days we will have to amputate".
WOT!
Yep, if a dog looses feeling in his tail he will eat it off thinking its a foreign object... like a big hairy poo or something... :)
Vile full of antiflam in hand and miserable faced dog on lead off we sculked. I was quite distraught with the fact that my lovely little boy might not have a tail... I just couldnt bear the thought of him tailess... wagless... sob... hes my favourite... (yes I have a favourite).

Anyhoo, two days of intence watching of tail movement paid off as his tail slowly started to wag. Low at first, but eventually it stood tall again, like a pendulum, tick tock tick tock...
Yay for Frank!

No comments: